Five Answers You Must Consider If You Are Your Company's Leader in Sales, Marketing, Quality or Service:
INSTRUCTIONS: For each question below, you'll find an answer scale of 1 to 10. We have provided descriptors for the scores of 1, 5.5 and 10. Using the descriptors as reference points, select the score that best reflects where your organization falls along the scale. Then click on the link at the bottom to lean more.
1. How frequently is customer information (eg. satisfaction surveys, problems, claims, new & lost accounts, account growth, etc.) shared with your entire company?
|Shared infrequently & only with a specific group of people||1||2||3||4||5||Shared frequently but only with a specific group of people||6||7||8||9||10||Shared frequently with people at all levels of the company|
2. To what extent are you trying to understand and address the difference between customer behavior, satisfaction and loyalty?
|We do various things in this area, but no specific strategy on all three levels||1||2||3||4||5||Clearly recognize the difference, but our strategy only hits one or two of the levels||6||7||8||9||10||Clearly recognize and actively addressing all three levels|
3. To what extent does your company involve its customers in developing sales, marketing, product development or other growth initiatives?
|Growth plan is based primarily on existing product/service capabilities||1||2||3||4||5||Growth plan is based on existing product/service capabilities, with some customer input||6||7||8||9||10||Growth plans are set in partnership with customers based on changes in their business and markets|
4. What are you doing to discover and address the unstated and unmet needs of your customers?
|Routinely follow up on results of our CSM and CRM efforts||1||2||3||4||5||Have periodic customer visits to discuss in-depth their satisfaction and needs||6||7||8||9||10||Have regular discussions about their business, total supply chain, and ways of further teaming|
5. To what extent do people at various levels of your company have frequent face-to-face contact with customers?
|Customer contact is limited to specific departments (eg. Sales, Marketing, Billings, Claims, Shipping, etc.)||1||2||3||4||5||It goes beyond these departments but on a sporadic basis, and only at higher management levels||6||7||8||9||10||Extends beyond these departments on a more frequent basis and at various management & non-management levels|
Pleased with your answers? Here's what we're learning about other companies and leaders in situations similar to yours ...