Five Answers You Must Consider If You Are Your Company's Leader in HR/OD, BPR, or Strategic Planning:
INSTRUCTIONS: For each question below, you'll find an answer scale of 1 to 10. We have provided descriptors for the scores of 1, 5.5 and 10. Using the descriptors as reference points, select the score that best reflects where your organization falls along the scale. Then click on the link at the bottom to lean more.
1. Regarding your customer-centered objectives, how much do your employees really "get it" and "live it"?
|Goals & expectations are only generally reflected in people processes||1||2||3||4||5||Goals & expectations are clearly embedded; but behavior is not||6||7||8||9||10||Totally embedded as a mindset & true core capability|
2. Which best describes the role your function plays in helping create economic value for the company?
|Role focuses largely on people related costs, headcount and functional budgets||1||2||3||4||5||Role involves that, plus driving process & productivity gains throughout the company||6||7||8||9||10||Role involves all of that, plus looking for ways to enhance revenue generation|
3. To what extent has your company defined the core capabilities needed to advance its business strategy or differentiate itself in the market?
|Needed core capabilities not yet defined||1||2||3||4||5||They're defined but no meaningful action yet to develop them||6||7||8||9||10||Core capabilities defined & process begun for developing them|
4. To what extent could you convince a customer or investor to select your company?
|Don't honestly know that I could convince either of them||1||2||3||4||5||Could likely convince one but not the other||6||7||8||9||10||I could convince the customer to buy from, and the investor to invest in, our company|
5. What is your company's level of tolerance and encouragement for you to collaborate directly with the company's external customers?
|We're not expected or encouraged to collaborate with external customers||1||2||3||4||5||People in roles like mine are allowed to but not expected to collaborate with external customers||6||7||8||9||10||People in roles like mine are both expected and encouraged to collaborate with external customers|
Pleased with your answers? Here's what we're learning about other companies and leaders in situations similar to yours ...