Five Answers You Must Consider If You Are Your Company's CEO, COO, or Owner:
INSTRUCTIONS: For each question below, you'll find an answer scale of 1 to 10. We have provided descriptors for the scores of 1, 5.5 and 10. Using the descriptors as reference points, select the score that best reflects where your organization falls along the scale. Then click on the link at the bottom to lean more.
1. Do trends like Commoditization, Industry Convergence, and Channel Advances pose a threat, or opportunity, to your company?
|These trends are threats which we must address||1||2||3||4||5||These trends aren't applicable to our business||6||7||8||9||10||These trends are opportunities for us to exploit and excel|
2. Which best describes your approach for leveraging your value chain relationships (ie. those with customers, suppliers, alliances)?
|Account management and relationships focus on typical issues and are limited to key contact points||1||2||3||4||5||Input from our entire value chain is regularly and actively sought out at various levels||6||7||8||9||10||Value chain players are deeply involved in setting and executing our cost and growth strategies|
3. To what extent does your company involve its customers in developing sales, marketing, product development or other growth initiatives?
|Growth plan is based primarily on existing product/service capabilities||1||2||3||4||5||Growth plan is based on existing product/service capabilities, with some customer input||6||7||8||9||10||Growth plans are set in partnership with customers based on changes in their business and markets|
4. To what extent has your company defined the core capabilities needed to advance its business strategy or differentiate itself in the market?
|Needed core capabilities not yet defined||1||2||3||4||5||They're defined but no meaningful action yet to develop them||6||7||8||9||10||Core capabilities defined & process begun for developing them|
5. Regarding your customer-centered objectives, how much do your employees really "get it" and "live it"?
|Goals & expectations are only generally reflected in people processes||1||2||3||4||5||Goals & expectations are clearly embedded; but behavior is not||6||7||8||9||10||Totally embedded as a mindset & true core capability|
Pleased with your answers? Here's what we're learning about other companies and leaders in situations similar to yours ...